Monday, June 14, 2010

Layoff Notice. What to do?!

I recently received a layoff notice from my employer, Daisy Produce Distributors. She handed it to me and I opened it immediately. I was devastated. A job loss due to the environment, loss of crops meant less drivers need. So they downsized their workers. I was lost to think of where we would get out money now. Without me having a job, my husband started looking into jobs around the community. Better paying than being a child giver. I went down to the Employment Center searching for a job. There I met 3 people who were recently laid off for environmental issues as well. None quite the same but each with their own unique story. It was wonderful to talk to them, without a job, just like me. Mike told me, "Don't worry about it. I am sure we will all find work shortly. Don't feel sad. We will recover and be back on our feet very soon!". He was a nice guy, and very comforting to the fact that we were all without a job. Sugarcane announced that she was going job hunting the next day, and thought she had already found a job that was perfect for her. I am feeling much more confident now that I have talked to others in my position! Tomorrow I shall go job hunting!

1 comment:

  1. wow that really sucks! i just got one to! i was laid off for personal reasons i guess you could say... im receiving my P.h.D in Microbiology soon.. so hopefully i will find a new job soon.. good luck finding one of your own!

    ReplyDelete